Why it works? [Countermeasures against carbonized foreign matter]
- Effect seen from [Characteristic of Celpurge]
- – Interfacial tension allows smooth discharge of preceding material
- – Excellent in self-discharge
- – Hot runner cleaning
- Effects of [Countermeasures against carbonized foreign matter]
- – Scrubbing effect of carbonized material by filler content
- – Maintenance that does not emit carbonized foreign material
- Effect seen from
[Characteristic of Celpurge]
- Effects of
[Countermeasures against carbonized foreign matter]
Effects of [Countermeasures against carbonized foreign matter]
Scrubbing effect of filler
With GF (glass fiber) grade
Removal of carbonized foreign material
When resin is melting, carbonization will happen if it is exposed to air or heat for a long time.
Why resin is carbonization
- When inside of the molding machine is empty after molding, the resin is remaining on the surface of the cylinder and screw comes into contact with air then oxidization and carbonization were happened.
- Continuous molding without stop for few days, causes pyrolysis and cross-linking of the resin
- Resin that is originally easily carbonized, such as a flame-retardant resin, is molded at in-appropriate processing temperature or higher.
Resin that has been completely carbonized does not become soft even when heated.
Although it adheres strongly on the surface of the metal, it may release in some way, and if mixes into the molded product, it will become a “carbonized foreign substance” and cause defective molding.
Since GF flows while scrubbing off the surface of the carbonized resin, it effectively removes carbonized foreign material.
It is more effective to use the non-filler grade (NX-VN2) after the grade with GF.
Maintenance that does not emit carbonized foreign material
The best way is to prevent
carbonized foreign matter from coming out!
It is best not to remove carbonized foreign material, rather than removing it after it has been released.
3 rules that do not emit carbonized foreign material
- 01Use Celpurge as sealing material
- To prevent carbonization due to air oxidation, do not empty the molding machine.
Fill the inside of the cylinder with Celpurge to finish the operation at weekends.
At the end of the week, you can start the molding machine from a clean state.
* Please use non-filler grade for sealing.
- 02Use Celpurge regularly to discharge carbonized resin.
- To prevent carbonization that occurs during continuous operation, use Celpurge regularly even during continuous operation.
It is to discharge the carbonized resin.
For example, once a week, set a day and perform cleaning work using Celpurge.
- 03Perform cleaning work using Celpurge at least once daily
- To prevent carbonization by resin that easily carbonizes, such as flame-retardant resin,
perform Celpurge cleaning a little more frequently than the above.
For example, perform the cleaning work using Celpurge at least once daily.